How Would Jesus Pray- Prayers in the Bible
Very often, we are scared to ask for something life-changing, the unthinkable, and enormous. That’s because we are apprehensive God will only fulfill our small requests and thus disappoint us. We also feel guilty for not praying righteously and pray just empty prayers. Christ not only prays for our spiritual protection but also for our physical protection.
Here are some of the ways Jesus would pray, as is evident from His prayers in the Bible:
1. And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark. Mk. 1:35
Christ was aware of how important it is to meet God early in the day can set the foundation of how the day will progress. When we pray first thing in the morning, we get great strength throughout the day,
2. My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done. Mt 26:42
Christ knew that the will of God takes precedence over the desires of human beings. Whenever we pray, we should convey our wishes and requirements to Him. At the same time, we should trust and believe that our Lord is aware of what we need the most,
3. And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will. Mt 26:39
Jesus was not scared to request big things. Our Lord can respond to big prayers. The fact is He loves a heart that believes He can fulfill all their wishes.
4. But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. Lu. 5:16
Jesus liked to pray in isolated locations. When we get alone, our mind has the space it requires to comprehend life-changing spiritual requirements.
5. Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots. Lu. 23:34
It would have been easy for Jesus to curse the world for the agony and pain he suffered. Yet, He forgave everyone. It is a lesson to forgive all those people who cause us grief and pain. If we start forgiving others, we will suffer from less pain and anguish in the long run.
6. I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. Mt. 11:25-26
While humans easily find faults with God’s will, Jesus praised Him. So, praise our Lord even for the things you do not comprehend. If we believe that God takes care of our bad problems, we will be calm and stress-free.
7. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me that they may be one, even as we are one. Jo. 17:9
Christ prayed for all His loving children. So, let us pray that the heart of all children of God and our hearts stay pure, learn to endure until the end. That is God’s will for all of us.
Which one of Christ’s prayers touched your heart the most? The way He prayed must be an eye-opener for you.
The Salvation Garden virtually opens the gates for you and Christians around the world. We offer you direct access to the holy sites of Jerusalem. Now you can send your prayer and have it physically placed in your chosen worship site in the Holy Land.
We offer digital documentation for every prayer so that you can connect to the Holy Land from your house. If you are unable to visit the Holy Land for any financial or physical issues, we are here for you. Our team members will collect your prayers and assist you in sending them to God from one of the holiest places on earth.